- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Wyeth Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (Equine Origin) North American Coral Snake Antivenin (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company): REFERENCES
- Drug Interactions
- Dosage and Administration
- Adverse Reactions
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Wyeth Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (Equine Origin) North American Coral Snake Antivenin (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company)
- MC COLLOUGH, N. and GENNARO, J.: Coral snakebites in the United States. J. Florida Med. Assn. 49:968, 1963.
- FIX, J. and MINTON, S.: Venom extraction and yields from the North American Coral Snake, Micrurus fulvius. Toxicon 14:143, 1976.
- PARRISH, H. and KAHN, M.: Bites by coral snakes: Report of 11 representative cases. Am. J. Med. Sci. 253:561, 1967.
- MOSELY, T.: Coral snakebite: Recovery following symptoms of respiratory paralysis. Ann. Surg. 163:943, 1966.
- RAMSEY, G. and KLICKSTEIN, G.: Coral snakebite. Report of a case and suggested therapy. JAMA 182:949, 1962.
- NEILL, W.: Some misconceptions regarding the eastern coral snake, Micrurus fulvius. Herpetologica 13:111, 1957.
- RUSSELL, F.: Bites by the Sonoran coral snake, Micruroides euryxanthus. Toxicon 5:39, 1967.
- WINGERT, W. and WAINSCHEL, J.: Diagnosis and management of envenomation by poisonous snakes. South. Med. J. 68:1015, 1975.
- RUSSEL, F.: Snake venom poisoning. Scholium International, Inc., New York, 1983.
- LOPRINZI, C. et al: Snake Antivenin administration in a patient allergic to horse serum. South. Med. J. 76:501, 1983.
- OTTEN, E. & MCKIMM, D.: Venomous snakebite in a patient allergic to horse serum. Ann. Emerg. Med. 12:624, 1983.
- BOWDEN, C. & KRENZELOK, E.: Clinical applications of commonly used contemporary antidotes, a US perspective. Drug Safety 16(1):22-24, 1997.
- Wyeth-Ayerst Data on File.
- JURKOVICH, G. et al: Complications of Crotalidae Antivenin therapy. The J. of Trauma 28:7, 1988.
- TOOGOOD, J.: Beta-blocker therapy and the risk of anaphylaxis. Canc. Med. Assoc. J. 136:929, 1987.
- LAWRENCE, W. et al: Pitviper bites: Rational management in which Copperheads and Cottonmouths predominate. Annals of Plastic Surg. 36(3):276, 1996.
U.S. Govt. License No. 3
Wyeth Laboratories Inc., Marietta, PA 17547
Revised August 31, 2001
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).