- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Wyeth Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (Equine Origin) North American Coral Snake Antivenin (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company): WARNINGS
- Drug Interactions
- Dosage and Administration
- Adverse Reactions
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Wyeth Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (Equine Origin) North American Coral Snake Antivenin (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company)
Patients sensitive to Antivenin or horse serum may develop anaphylaxis. Therefore, it is essential that prior to intravenous (IV) or intramuscular (IM) Antivenin administration a proper skin test be performed, interpreted, and therapy modified if indicated.
There have been isolated reports of cardiac arrest and death associated with use of Antivenin (Crotalidae) Polyvalent (equine origin).13 Although this experience has not been reported with Antivenin (coral snake), because of the similarity of these Antivenin products, this reaction cannot be ruled out for Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (equine origin).
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).