- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Wyeth Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (Equine Origin) North American Coral Snake Antivenin (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company): CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Drug Interactions
- Dosage and Administration
- Adverse Reactions
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Wyeth Antivenin (Micrurus fulvius) (Equine Origin) North American Coral Snake Antivenin (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company)
For persons with coral snake envenomations threatening life or limb, there are no contraindications to administration of Antivenin. However, administration to persons known to be allergic to horse serum, either by history or as a result of an appropriate sensitivity test, requires careful judgement and considerable experience in the use of antivenoms of equine origin. Healthcare providers must be prepared to manage severe, immediate allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) seen with Antivenins of equine origin.8,9,10,11
Antivenin should never be administered prophylactically to asymptomatic patients.12
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).