- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Treatment for Diarrhea ("Wet Tail") (Sergeant's Pet Care Products, Inc.): DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PACKAGE LABEL PRINCIPLE DISPLAY PANEL
- External Links Related to Treatment for Diarrhea ("Wet Tail") (Sergeant's Pet Care Products, Inc.)
- Treat animal with full recommended dosage. Discontinue feeding greens and roughage to animals that have diarrhea. Treat for a minimum of 5 days. Repeat the treatment if necessary. If condition persists and no improvement is noted during treatment, consult your veterinarian. Sick animals should be separated from healthy animals. If more than one animal is caged together, all animals should be treated for a period of 5 days to prevent infection.Oral Dropper Method (for hamsters and guinea pigs only):Weigh your pet and use the weight chart to determine the amount of DriTail to use. Young animals (six months old or less) should be given 1/2 the recommended adult dosage. Allow the animal to lap medicine from the dropper; be careful not to force medicine into the mouth faster than your pet can lap it up.
Oral Drinking Water Method (gerbils, mice, rats, hamsters, guinea pigs):Add 3 teaspoons (15 mL) of DriTail to 4 oz. (120 mL) of water. The water should be changed daily and should be your pet's only source of water.
Common Name Weight Amount of DriTail Siberian Hamster 25-35g (1 oz) 1/4 mL (8 drops) once daily Chinese Hamster 30-50g (1 1/2 oz) 1/4 mL (8 drops) once daily Golden Hamster 110-140g (4-5 oz) 1/2 mL (16 drops) once daily Guinea Pig 800-1200g (2-2 1/2 lbs) 3/4 mL (24 drops) once daily
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).