- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for TORSEMIDE TABLETSRx only (Par Pharmaceutical Inc): OVERDOSAGE
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to TORSEMIDE TABLETSRx only (Par Pharmaceutical Inc)
There is no human experience with overdoses of torsemide, but the signs and symptoms of overdosage can be anticipated to be those of excessive pharmacologic effect: dehydration, hypovolemia, hypotension, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypochloremic alkalosis, and hemoconcentration. Treatment of overdosage should consist of fluid and electrolyte replacement.
Laboratory determinations of serum levels of torsemide and its metabolites are not widely available.
No data are available to suggest physiological maneuvers (e.g., maneuvers to change the pH of the urine) that might accelerate elimination of torsemide and its metabolites. Torsemide is not dialyzable, so hemodialysis will not accelerate elimination.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).