- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for TORSEMIDE TABLETSRx only (Par Pharmaceutical Inc): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to TORSEMIDE TABLETSRx only (Par Pharmaceutical Inc)
Torsemide is a diuretic of the pyridine-sulfonylurea class. Its chemical name is 1-isopropyl-3-[(4-m-toluidino-3-pyridyl) sulfonyl]urea and its structural formula is:
Its molecular formula is C16H20N4O3S, its pKa is 6.42, and its molecular weight is 348.43. Torsemide is a white to off-white crystalline powder. The tablets for oral administration also contain lactose anhydrous, lactose monohydrate NF, microcrystalline cellulose NF, crospovidone NF, povidone USP and magnesium stearate NF.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).