- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for TOLMETIN SODIUM CAPSULES, USP (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- MANAGEMENT OF OVERDOSAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to TOLMETIN SODIUM CAPSULES, USP (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
Each capsule for oral administration contains 492 mg of tolmetin sodium, USP as the dihydrate in an amount equivalent to 400 mg of tolmetin. Each capsule contains 36 mg (1.568 mEq) of sodium and the following inactive ingredients: FD&C Blue #1, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, gelatin, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide.
The pKa of tolmetin is 3.5 and tolmetin sodium is freely soluble in water. Tolmetin sodium is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent. The structural formula is:
Sodium 1-methyl-5 p-toluoylpyrrole-2-acetate dihydrate.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).