- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Thiothixene Capsules, USP (Sandoz Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to Thiothixene Capsules, USP (Sandoz Inc.)
- External Links Related to Thiothixene Capsules, USP (Sandoz Inc.)
Thiothixene is a thioxanthene derivative. Specifically, it is the cis isomer of N,N-dimethyl-9-[3-(4-methyl-l-piperazinyl)-propylidene] thioxanthene-2-sulfonamide.
The thioxanthenes differ from the phenothiazines by the replacement of nitrogen in the central ring with a carbon-linked side chain fixed in space in a rigid structural configuration. An N,N-dimethyl sulfonamide functional group is bonded to the thioxanthene nucleus.
Each capsule for oral administration contains thiothixene, USP 1 mg, 2 mg, 5 mg or 10 mg.
Inactive ingredients include gelatin, lactose (monohydrate), magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate, starch (corn), and titanium dioxide. The 1 mg and 5 mg may also contain FD & C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).