- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for TALWIN INJECTION PENTAZOCINE LACTATE INJECTION, USP (Hospira, Inc.): ADVERSE REACTIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to TALWIN INJECTION PENTAZOCINE LACTATE INJECTION, USP (Hospira, Inc.)
- External Links Related to TALWIN INJECTION PENTAZOCINE LACTATE INJECTION, USP (Hospira, Inc.)
The most commonly occurring reactions are: nausea, dizziness or lightheadedness, vomiting, euphoria.
Dermatologic Reactions: Soft tissue induration, nodules, and cutaneous depression can occur at injection sites. Ulceration (sloughing) and severe sclerosis of the skin and subcutaneous tissues (and, rarely, underlying muscle) have been reported after multiple doses. Other reported dermatologic reactions include diaphoresis, sting on injection, flushed skin including plethora, dermatitis including pruritus.
Infrequently occurring reactions are—respiratory: respiratory depression, dyspnea, transient apnea in a small number of newborn infants whose mothers received TALWIN during labor; cardiovascular: circulatory depression, shock, hypertension; CNS effects: dizziness, lightheadedness, hallucinations, sedation, euphoria, headache, confusion, disorientation; infrequently weakness, disturbed dreams, insomnia, syncope, visual blurring and focusing difficulty, depression; and rarely tremor, irritability, excitement, tinnitus; gastrointestinal: constipation, dry mouth; other: urinary retention, headache, paresthesia, alterations in rate or strength of uterine contractions during labor.
Rarely reported reactions include—neuromuscular and psychiatric: muscle tremor, insomnia, disorientation, hallucinations; gastrointestinal: taste alteration, diarrhea and cramps; ophthalmic: blurred vision, nystagmus, diplopia, miosis; hematologic: depression of white blood cells (especially granulocytes), which is usually reversible, moderate transient eosinophilia; other: tachycardia, weakness or faintness, chills; allergic reactions including edema of the face, toxic epidermal necrolysis. (See Acute CNS Manifestations and Drug Dependence under WARNINGS.)
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).