- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for SYMMETREL (Amantadine Hydrochloride, USP) Tablets and SyrupRx only (Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to SYMMETREL (Amantadine Hydrochloride, USP) Tablets and SyrupRx only (Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- External Links Related to SYMMETREL (Amantadine Hydrochloride, USP) Tablets and SyrupRx only (Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
SYMMETREL (Amantadine Hydrochloride, USP) is designated generically as amantadine hydrochloride and chemically as 1-adamantanamine hydrochloride.
Amantadine hydrochloride is a stable white or nearly white crystalline powder, freely soluble in water and soluble in alcohol and in chloroform.
Amantadine hydrochloride has pharmacological actions as both an anti-Parkinson and an antiviral drug.
SYMMETREL is available in tablets and syrup.
Each tablet intended for oral administration contains 100 mg amantadine hydrochloride and has the following inactive ingredients: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, FD&C Yellow No. 6.
SYMMETREL syrup contains 50 mg of amantadine hydrochloride per 5 mL and has the following inactive ingredients: artificial raspberry flavor, citric acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, and sorbitol solution.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).