- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for STERILE WATER for Injection, USP (Hospira, Inc.): PRECAUTIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Drug Interactions
- HOW SUPPLIED
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- External Links Related to STERILE WATER for Injection, USP (Hospira, Inc.)
Do not use for intravenous injection unless the osmolar concentration of additives totals at least 112 mOsmol/liter (two-fifths of the normal osmolarity of the extracellular fluid — 280 mOsmol/liter).
Do not administer unless solution is clear and container is undamaged. Discard unused portion.
Pregnancy Category C.
Animal reproduction studies have not been conducted with sterile water for injection. It is also not known whether sterile water containing additives can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman or can affect reproduction capacity. Sterile water for injection with additives should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
The safety and effectiveness in the pediatric population are based on the similarity of the clinical conditions of the pediatric and adult populations. In neonates or very small infants the volume of fluid may affect fluid and electrolyte balance.
This product contains no more than 25 mcg/L of aluminum.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).