- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for STERILE WATER for Injection, USP (Hospira, Inc.): INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Drug Interactions
- HOW SUPPLIED
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- External Links Related to STERILE WATER for Injection, USP (Hospira, Inc.)
Tear outer wrap at notch and remove solution container. If supplemental medication is desired, follow directions below before preparing for administration. Some opacity of the plastic due to moisture absorption during the sterilization process may be observed. This is normal and does not affect the solution quality or safety. The opacity will diminish gradually.
To Add Medication
Prepare additive port.
Using aseptic technique and an additive delivery needle of appropriate length, puncture resealable additive port at target area, inner diaphragm and inject. Withdraw needle after injecting medication.
The additive port may be protected by covering with an additive cap.
Mix container contents thoroughly.
Preparation for Administration
(Use aseptic technique)
Close flow control clamp of administration set.
Remove cover from outlet port at bottom of container.
Insert piercing pin of administration set into port with a twisting motion until the set is firmly seated. NOTE: See full directions on administration set carton.
Suspend container from hanger.
Squeeze and release drip chamber to establish proper fluid level in chamber.
Open flow control clamp and clear air from set. Close clamp.
Attach set to venipuncture device. If device is not indwelling, prime and make venipuncture.
Regulate rate of administration with flow control clamp.
WARNING: DO NOT USE FLEXIBLE CONTAINER IN SERIES CONNECTIONS.
Store at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F). [See USP Controlled Room Temperature.] Protect from freezing.
U.S. patent 4,344,472
Printed in USA
HOSPIRA, INC., LAKE FOREST, IL 60045 USA
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).