- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for SPORANOX (ITRACONAZOLE) ORAL SOLUTION (Ortho Biotech Products, L.P.): INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to SPORANOX (ITRACONAZOLE) ORAL SOLUTION (Ortho Biotech Products, L.P.)
SPORANOX® (itraconazole) Injection/Oral Solution is indicated for empiric therapy of febrile neutropenic patients with suspected fungal infections. (NOTE: In a comparative trial, the overall response rate for itraconazole-treated subjects was higher than for amphotericin B-treated subjects. However, compared to amphotericin B-treated subjects, a larger number of itraconazole-treated subjects discontinued treatment due to persistent fever and a change in antifungal medication due to fever. Whereas, a larger number of amphotericin B-treated subjects discontinued due to drug intolerance. (See CLINICAL STUDIES section.)
SPORANOX® (itraconazole) Oral Solution is also indicated for the treatment of oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis.
(See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY: Special Populations, WARNINGS, and ADVERSE REACTIONS: Post-marketing Experience for more information.)
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).