- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for SERTRALINE HCl (Caremark L.L.C.): DESCRIPTION
- BOX WARNING
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- Information for Patients
- Laboratory Tests
- Drug Interactions
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication Guide Antidepressant Medicines, Depression and other Serious Mental Illness, and Suicidal Thoughts or Actions
- Manufacturer Information
- Package Label - Principal Display Panel
- External Links Related to SERTRALINE HCl (Caremark L.L.C.)
Sertraline hydrochloride is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) for oral administration. It has a molecular weight of 342.7. Sertraline hydrochloride has the following chemical name: (1S-cis)-4-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-N-methyl-1-naphthalenamine hydrochloride. The empirical formula C17H17NCI2·HCl is represented by the following structural formula:
Sertraline hydrochloride is a white to off white crystalline powder that is sparingly soluble in methanol and dimethyl formamide.
Sertraline Hydrochloride is supplied for oral administration as film-coated tablets containing sertraline hydrochloride equivalent to 25, 50 and 100 mg of sertraline and the following inactive ingredients: dibasic calcium phosphate anhydrous, D & C Yellow #10 (in 25 mg tablet), FD & C Blue #1 (in 25 mg tablet), FD & C Red 40 (in 25 mg tablet), FD & C Blue #2 (in 50 mg tablet), hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sodium starch glycolate, ironoxide yellow (in 100 mg tablet), and titanium dioxide.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).