- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide acetate for injectable suspension) (Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation): 16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- 1 INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 4 CONTRAINDICATIONS
- 10 OVERDOSAGE
- 11 DESCRIPTION
- 12 CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- 16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- 17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- External Links Related to Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide acetate for injectable suspension) (Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation)
Sandostatin LAR Depot is available in single-use kits containing a 5-mL vial of 10 mg, 20 mg or 30 mg strength, a syringe containing 2.5 mL of diluent, two sterile 1½” 19 gauge needles, and two alcohol wipes. An instruction booklet for the preparation of drug suspension for injection is also included with each kit.
Drug Product Kits
10 mg kit NDC 0078-0340-61
20 mg kit NDC 0078-0341-61
30 mg kit NDC 0078-0342-61
Demonstration kit NDC 0078-9342-61
For prolonged storage, Sandostatin LAR Depot should be stored at refrigerated temperatures between 2°C-8°C (36°F-46°F) and protected from light until the time of use. Sandostatin LAR Depot drug product kit should remain at room temperature for 30-60 minutes prior to preparation of the drug suspension. However, after preparation the drug suspension must be administered immediately.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).