- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide acetate for injectable suspension) (Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation): 1 INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- 1 INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 4 CONTRAINDICATIONS
- 10 OVERDOSAGE
- 11 DESCRIPTION
- 12 CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- 16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- 17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
- External Links Related to Sandostatin LAR Depot (octreotide acetate for injectable suspension) (Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation)
Sandostatin LAR Depot 10 mg, 20 mg and 30 mg is indicated in patients in whom initial treatment with Sandostatin Injection has been shown to be effective and tolerated.
Long-term maintenance therapy in acromegalic patients who have had an inadequate response to surgery and/or radiotherapy, or for whom surgery and/or radiotherapy is not an option. The goal of treatment in acromegaly is to reduce GH and IGF-1 levels to normal [see Clinical Studies (14) and Dosage and Administration (2)].
1.2 Carcinoid Tumors
Long-term treatment of the severe diarrhea and flushing episodes associated with metastatic carcinoid tumors.
1.3 Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide Tumors (VIPomas)
Long-term treatment of the profuse watery diarrhea associated with VIP-secreting tumors.
1.4 Important Limitations of Use
In patients with carcinoid syndrome and VIPomas, the effect of Sandostatin Injection and Sandostatin LAR Depot on tumor size, rate of growth and development of metastases, has not been determined.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).