- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for RISPERDAL CONSTA (risperidone) LONG-ACTING INJECTIONGEMZAR (gemcitabine hydrochloride) Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, For Solution For Intravenous Use (Eli Lilly and Company ): 11 DESCRIPTION
- 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 4 CONTRAINDICATIONS
- 5 WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- 7 DRUG INTERACTIONS
- 10 OVERDOSAGE
- 11 DESCRIPTION
- 15 REFERENCES
- External Links Related to RISPERDAL CONSTA (risperidone) LONG-ACTING INJECTIONGEMZAR (gemcitabine hydrochloride) Injection, Powder, Lyophilized, For Solution For Intravenous Use (Eli Lilly and Company )
Gemzar (gemcitabine for injection, USP) is a nucleoside metabolic inhibitor that exhibits antitumor activity. Gemcitabine HCl is 2'-deoxy-2',2'-difluorocytidine monohydrochloride (ß-isomer).
The structural formula is as follows:
The empirical formula for gemcitabine HCl is C9H11F2N3O4 • HCl. It has a molecular weight of 299.66.
Gemcitabine HCl is a white to off-white solid. It is soluble in water, slightly soluble in methanol, and practically insoluble in ethanol and polar organic solvents.
The clinical formulation is supplied in a sterile form for intravenous use only. Vials of Gemzar contain either 200 mg or 1 g of gemcitabine HCl (expressed as free base) formulated with mannitol (200 mg or 1 g, respectively) and sodium acetate (12.5 mg or 62.5 mg, respectively) as a sterile lyophilized powder. Hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide may have been added for pH adjustment.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).