- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC): WARNING: TARDIVE DYSKINESIA
- WARNING: TARDIVE DYSKINESIA
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication Guide
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 10 mg Bottle
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 5 mg Bottle
- External Links Related to reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC)
Treatment with metoclopramide can cause tardive dyskinesia, a serious movement disorder that is often irreversible. The risk of developing tardive dyskinesia increases with duration of treatment and total cumulative dose.
Metoclopramide therapy should be discontinued in patients who develop signs or symptoms of tardive dyskinesia. There is no known treatment for tardive dyskinesia. In some patients, symptoms may lessen or resolve after metoclopramide treatment is stopped.
Treatment with metoclopramide for longer than 12 weeks should be avoided in all but rare cases where therapeutic benefit is thought to outweigh the risk of developing tardive dyskinesia.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).