- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC): INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- WARNING: TARDIVE DYSKINESIA
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication Guide
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 10 mg Bottle
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 5 mg Bottle
- External Links Related to reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC)
The use of reglan® tablets is recommended for adults only. Therapy should not exceed 12 weeks in duration.
Symptomatic Gastroesophageal Reflux
reglan® tablets are indicated as short-term (4 to 12 weeks) therapy for adults with symptomatic, documented gastroesophageal reflux who fail to respond to conventional therapy.
The principal effect of metoclopramide is on symptoms of postprandial and daytime heartburn with less observed effect on nocturnal symptoms. If symptoms are confined to particular situations, such as following the evening meal, use of metoclopramide as single doses prior to the provocative situation should be considered, rather than using the drug throughout the day. Healing of esophageal ulcers and erosions has been endoscopically demonstrated at the end of a 12-week trial using doses of 15 mg q.i.d. As there is no documented correlation between symptoms and healing of esophageal lesions, patients with documented lesions should be monitored endoscopically.
Diabetic Gastroparesis (Diabetic Gastric Stasis)
reglan® tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) is indicated for the relief of symptoms associated with acute and recurrent diabetic gastric stasis. The usual manifestations of delayed gastric emptying (e.g., nausea, vomiting, heartburn, persistent fullness after meals, and anorexia) appear to respond to reglan® within different time intervals. Significant relief of nausea occurs early and continues to improve over a three-week period. Relief of vomiting and anorexia may precede the relief of abdominal fullness by one week or more.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).