- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC): CONTRAINDICATIONS
- WARNING: TARDIVE DYSKINESIA
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication Guide
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 10 mg Bottle
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 5 mg Bottle
- External Links Related to reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC)
Metoclopramide should not be used whenever stimulation of gastrointestinal motility might be dangerous, e.g., in the presence of gastrointestinal hemorrhage, mechanical obstruction, or perforation.
Metoclopramide is contraindicated in patients with pheochromocytoma because the drug may cause a hypertensive crisis, probably due to release of catecholamines from the tumor. Such hypertensive crises may be controlled by phentolamine.
Metoclopramide is contraindicated in patients with known sensitivity or intolerance to the drug.
Metoclopramide should not be used in epileptics or patients receiving other drugs which are likely to cause extrapyramidal reactions, since the frequency and severity of seizures or extrapyramidal reactions may be increased.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).