- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Poliovirus Vaccine Inactivated IPOL (Sanofi Pasteur Inc.): WARNINGS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - Vial
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - Syringe
- External Links Related to Poliovirus Vaccine Inactivated IPOL (Sanofi Pasteur Inc.)
Neomycin, streptomycin, polymyxin B, 2-phenoxyethanol, and formaldehyde are used in the production of this vaccine. Although purification procedures eliminate measurable amounts of these substances, traces may be present (see DESCRIPTION section) and allergic reactions may occur in persons sensitive to these substances (see CONTRAINDICATIONS section).
Systemic adverse reactions reported in infants receiving IPV concomitantly at separate sites or combined with DTP have been similar to those associated with administration of DTP alone.11 Local reactions are usually mild and transient in nature.
Although no causal relationship between IPOL vaccine and Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) has been established,28 GBS has been temporally related to administration of another inactivated poliovirus vaccine. Deaths have been reported in temporal association with the administration of IPV (see ADVERSE REACTIONS section).
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).