- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for Poliovirus Vaccine Inactivated IPOL (Sanofi Pasteur Inc.): CONTRAINDICATIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - Vial
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - Syringe
- External Links Related to Poliovirus Vaccine Inactivated IPOL (Sanofi Pasteur Inc.)
IPOL vaccine is contraindicated in persons with a history of hypersensitivity to any component of the vaccine, including 2-phenoxyethanol, formaldehyde, neomycin, streptomycin and polymyxin B.
No further doses should be given if anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock occurs within 24 hours of administration of one dose of vaccine.
Vaccination of persons with an acute, febrile illness should be deferred until after recovery; however, minor illness, such as mild upper respiratory infection, with or without low grade fever, are not reasons for postponing vaccine administration.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).