- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) tablet, 1.5 mg, for oral use (Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - clinic pack carton
- 1 INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- 2 DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- 3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- 4 CONTRAINDICATIONS
- 7 DRUG INTERACTIONS
- 9 DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- 10 OVERDOSAGE
- 11 DESCRIPTION
- 14 CLINICAL STUDIES
- 16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - clinic pack carton
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- trade box wallet
- External Links Related to Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) tablet, 1.5 mg, for oral use (Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
FOR CLINIC USE ONLY. NOT FOR RESALE.
NEW! Now only ONE dose
(levonorgestrel) tablet, 1.5 mg
Reduces the chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex (if a regular birth control method fails or after sex without birth control)
Not for regular birth control.
Rx only for womenyounger than age 17
•Take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. The sooner you take it, the better Plan B® One-Step will work.
1 Tablet Levonorgestrel 1.5mg
•Not for regular birth control.Plan B® One-Step should be used only in emergencies.
•Does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs.
Active ingredient Purpose
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg........................Emergency contraceptive
Use reduces chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex
(if a contraceptive failed or if you did not use birth control)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to levonorgestrel
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert: This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs
Do not use
¦ if you are already pregnant (because it will not work)
¦ for regular birth control
When using this product you may have
¦ menstrual changes
¦ lower stomach (abdominal) pain
¦ breast pain
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away.
¦ women 17 years of age or older:
¦ take tablet as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. The sooner you take it the better it will work.
¦ if you vomit within 2 hours of taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose
¦ prescription only for women younger than age 17. If you are younger than age 17, see a healthcare professional.
¦ before using this product read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
¦ this product is not recommended for regular birth control. It does not work as well as most other birth control methods used correctly.
¦ this product works mainly by preventing ovulation (egg release). It may also prevent fertilization of a released egg (joining of sperm and egg) or attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterus (implantation).
¦ when used correctly every time you have sex, latex condoms greatly reduce, but do not eliminate, the risk of pregnancy and the risk of catching or spreading HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. See condom labeling for additional STD information.
¦ tablet is enclosed in a blister seal. Do not use if the blister seal is broken.
¦ store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, potato starch, talc
Questions or comments?
For more information or to speak to a healthcare professional,
call 1-800-330-1271, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Visit our Web site at www.PlanBOneStep.com
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).