- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for PIPRACIL (piperacillin for injection) For Intravenous and Intramuscular Use (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- How Supplied
- Diseases/Conditions Related to PIPRACIL (piperacillin for injection) For Intravenous and Intramuscular Use (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- External Links Related to PIPRACIL (piperacillin for injection) For Intravenous and Intramuscular Use (Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
PIPRACIL, sterile piperacillin sodium, is a semisynthetic broad-spectrum penicillin for parenteral use derived from D(-)-α-aminobenzylpenicillin. The chemical name of piperacillin sodium is sodium (2S,5R,6R)-6-[(R)-2-(4-ethyl-2,3-dioxo-1-piperazinecarboxamido)-2-phenylacetamido]-3,-3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylate. The chemical formula is C23H26N5NaO7S, and the molecular weight is 539.54. Its structural formula is:
Piperacillin sodium powder is a white to off-white solid having the characteristic appearance of products prepared by freeze-drying. It is freely soluble in water and in alcohol. The pH of an aqueous solution containing 400 milligrams per milliliter ranges from 5.5 to 7.5. One g contains 1.85 mEq (42.5 mg) of sodium (Na+).
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).