- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for PHOTOFRIN (porfimer sodium) for Injection (Axcan Scandipharm Inc.): CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Clinical Studies
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to PHOTOFRIN (porfimer sodium) for Injection (Axcan Scandipharm Inc.)
PHOTOFRIN® is contraindicated in patients with porphyria or in patients with known allergies to porphyrins.
Photodynamic therapy is contraindicated in patients with an existing tracheoesophageal or bronchoesophageal fistula.
Photodynamic therapy is contraindicated in patients with tumors eroding into a major blood vessel.
Photodynamic therapy is not suitable for emergency treatment of patients with severe acute respiratory distress caused by an obstructing endobronchial lesion because 40 to 50 hours are required between injection with PHOTOFRIN® and laser light treatment.
Photodynamic therapy is not suitable for patients with esophageal or gastric varices, or patients with esophageal ulcers >1 cm in diameter.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).