- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for PEPCID (Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to PEPCID (Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- External Links Related to PEPCID (Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
- The active ingredient in PEPCID*Registered trademark of MERCK & CO., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ and is used under license.(famotidine) is a histamine H2‑receptor antagonist. Famotidine is N-(aminosulfonyl)-3-[[[2-[(diaminomethylene) amino]-4-thiazolyl]methyl]thio]propanimidamide. The empirical formula of famotidine is C8H15N7O2S3 and its molecular weight is 337.43. Its structural formula is:
Famotidine is a white to pale yellow crystalline compound that is freely soluble in glacial acetic acid, slightly soluble in methanol, very slightly soluble in water, and practically insoluble in ethanol.
Each 5 mL of the oral suspension when prepared as directed contains 40 mg of famotidine and the following inactive ingredients: citric acid, flavors, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, sucrose and xanthan gum. Added as preservatives are sodium benzoate 0.1%, sodium methylparaben 0.1%, and sodium propylparaben 0.02%.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).