- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Paclitaxel Injection (Teva Parenteral Medicines, Inc): INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Patient Information
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 5 mL Carton
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 16.7 mL Carton
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 25 mL Carton
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 50 mL Carton
- External Links Related to Paclitaxel Injection (Teva Parenteral Medicines, Inc)
Paclitaxel injection is indicated as first-line and subsequent therapy for the treatment of advanced carcinoma of the ovary. As first-line therapy, Paclitaxel injection is indicated in combination with cisplatin.
Paclitaxel injection is indicated for the adjuvant treatment of node-positive breast cancer administered sequentially to standard doxorubicin-containing combination chemotherapy. In the clinical trial, there was an overall favorable effect on disease-free and overall survival in the total population of patients with receptor-positive and receptor-negative tumors, but the benefit has been specifically demonstrated by available data (median follow-up 30 months) only in the patients with estrogen and progesterone receptor-negative tumors. (See CLINICAL STUDIES: Breast Carcinoma.)
Paclitaxel injection is indicated for the treatment of breast cancer after failure of combination chemotherapy for metastatic disease or relapse within 6 months of adjuvant chemotherapy. Prior therapy should have included an anthracycline unless clinically contraindicated.
Paclitaxel injection, in combination with cisplatin, is indicated for the first-line treatment of non-small cell lung cancer in patients who are not candidates for potentially curative surgery and/or radiation therapy.
Paclitaxel injection is indicated for the second-line treatment of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).