- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for OXYCONTIN (OXYCODONE HCl CONTROLLED-RELEASE) TABLETS CII10 mg 15 mg 20 mg 30 mg 40 mg 60 mg* 80 mg* 160 mg* (Purdue Pharma LP): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- PHARMACOKINETICS AND METABOLISM
- Plasma Oxycodone by Time
- Food Effects
- CLINICAL TRIALS
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DRUG ABUSE AND ADDICTION
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- SAFETY AND HANDLING
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PATIENT INFORMATION
- External Links Related to OXYCONTIN (OXYCODONE HCl CONTROLLED-RELEASE) TABLETS CII10 mg 15 mg 20 mg 30 mg 40 mg 60 mg* 80 mg* 160 mg* (Purdue Pharma LP)
OxyContin® (oxycodone hydrochloride controlled-release) Tablets are an opioid analgesic supplied in 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg, and 160 mg tablet strengths for oral administration. The tablet strengths describe the amount of oxycodone per tablet as the hydrochloride salt. The structural formula for oxycodone hydrochloride is as follows:
The chemical formula is 4, 5a-epoxy-14-hydroxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6-one hydrochloride.
Oxycodone is a white, odorless crystalline powder derived from the opium alkaloid, thebaine. Oxycodone hydrochloride dissolves in water (1 g in 6 to 7 mL). It is slightly soluble in alcohol (octanol water partition coefficient 0.7). The tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: ammonio methacrylate copolymer, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, sodium hydroxide, sorbic acid, stearyl alcohol, talc, titanium dioxide, and triacetin.
The 10 mg tablets also contain: hydroxypropyl cellulose.
The 15 mg tablets also contain: black iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, and red iron oxide.
The 20 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and red iron oxide.
The 30 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80, red iron oxide, yellow iron oxide, and black iron oxide.
The 40 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and yellow iron oxide.
The 60 mg tablets also contain: polysorbate 80 and FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake
The 80 mg tablets also contain: FD&C blue No. 2, hydroxypropyl cellulose, and yellow iron oxide.
The 160 mg tablets also contain: FD&C blue No. 2 and polysorbate 80.
OxyContin® 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, and 80 mg Tablets are tested using USP Dissolution Test 2 and meet the associated tolerances provided in Acceptance Table 2 of the Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets USP Monograph.
OxyContin® 15 mg, 30 mg, and 60 mg Tablets are not described in the USP but are tested using USP Dissolution Test 2 of the Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets USP Monograph.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).