- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for ONDANSETRON Oral Solution, USP (Roxane Laboratories, Inc): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Package Label - Ondansetron Oral Solution, USP
- External Links Related to ONDANSETRON Oral Solution, USP (Roxane Laboratories, Inc)
The active ingredient in Ondansetron Oral Solution, USP is ondansetron hydrochloride (HCl) as the dihydrate, the racemic form of ondansetron and a selective blocking agent of the serotonin 5-HT3 receptor type. Chemically it is (±) 1, 2, 3, 9-tetrahydro-9-methyl-3-[(2-methyl-1H-imidazol-1-yl) methyl]-4H-carbazol-4-one, monohydrochloride, dihydrate. It has the following structural formula:
The molecular formula is C18H19N3O•HCl•2H2O, representing a molecular weight of 365.9. Ondansetron HCl dihydrate is a white to off-white powder that is soluble in water and normal saline.
Each 5 mL of Ondansetron Oral Solution, USP contains 5 mg of ondansetron HCI dihydrate equivalent to 4 mg of ondansetron. Ondansetron Oral Solution, USP contains the inactive ingredients citric acid anhydrous, glycerin, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, and strawberry flavor.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).