- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Naproxen Tablets USPNaproxen Sodium Tablets USP (Altura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Medication Guide for Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- External Links Related to Naproxen Tablets USPNaproxen Sodium Tablets USP (Altura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
Naproxen USP is a proprionic acid derivative related to the arylacetic acid group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The chemical names for naproxen USP and naproxen sodium USP are (S)-6-methoxy-a-methyl-2-naphthaleneacetic acid and (S)-6-methoxy-a-methyl-2-naphthaleneacetic acid, sodium salt, respectively. Naproxen USP and naproxen sodium USP have the following structures, respectively:
Naproxen USP has a molecular weight of 230.26 and a molecular formula of C14H14O3. Naproxen sodium USP has a molecular weight of 252.23 and a molecular formula of C14H13NaO3.
Naproxen USP is an odorless, white to off-white crystalline substance. It is lipid-soluble, practically insoluble in water at low pH and freely soluble in water at high pH. The octanol/water partition coefficient of naproxen USP at pH 7.4 is 1.6 to 1.8. Naproxen sodium USP is a white to creamy white, crystalline solid, freely soluble in water at neutral pH.
Naproxen tablets USP are available as light orange colored tablets containing 250 mg of naproxen USP, light orange colored tablets containing 375 mg of naproxen USP and light orange colored tablets containing 500 mg of naproxen USP for oral administration. The inactive ingredients are microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, iron oxides, povidone and magnesium stearate.
Naproxen sodium tablets USP are available as blue tablets containing 275 mg of naproxen sodium USP and as blue tablets containing 550 mg of naproxen sodium USP for oral administration. The inactive ingredients are croscarmellose sodium, colloidal silicon dioxide, povidone, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and talc. The coating suspension for the naproxen sodium 275 mg tablet may contain Opadry blue 03F50544. The coating suspension for the naproxen sodium 550 mg tablet may contain Opadry blue 03F50544.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).