- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for MUPIROCIN OINTMENT USP, 2% (E. FOUGERA & CO.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to MUPIROCIN OINTMENT USP, 2% (E. FOUGERA & CO.)
- External Links Related to MUPIROCIN OINTMENT USP, 2% (E. FOUGERA & CO.)
Each gram of mupirocin ointment USP, 2% contains 20 mg mupirocin in a bland water miscible ointment base (polyethylene glycol ointment, N.F.) consisting of polyethylene glycol 400 and polyethylene glycol 3350.
Mupirocin is a naturally occurring antibiotic. The chemical name is (E)-(2S,3R,4R,5S)-5-[(2S,3S,4S,5S)-2,3-Epoxy-5-hydroxy-4-methylhexyl]tetrahydro-3,4-dihydroxy-β-methyl-2H-pyran-2-crotonic acid,ester with 9-hydroxynonanoic acid.
The molecular formula of mupirocin is C26H44O9 and the molecular weight is 500.63. The chemical structure is:
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).