- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for MOXATAG™ (amoxicillin extended-release) Tablets (MiddleBrook Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- HOW SUPPLIED, STORAGE AND HANDLING
- External Links Related to MOXATAG™ (amoxicillin extended-release) Tablets (MiddleBrook Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
MOXATAG (amoxicillin extended-release) tablets for oral administration are provided as blue film-coated tablets that contain 775 mg of amoxicillin as the trihydrate and are printed with ”MB-111” on one side in black edible ink.
Amoxicillin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic, an analog of ampicillin, with bactericidal activity against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
Chemically, amoxicillin is (2 S,5 R,6 R)-6-[(R)-(-)-2-amino-2-(p-hydroxyphenyl) acetamido]-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid trihydrate. Its chemical name is amoxicillin. It may be represented structurally as:
The amoxicillin molecular formula is C16H19N3O5S·3H2O, and the molecular weight is 419.45.
MOXATAG is an extended release tablet formulation consisting of three components, one immediate-release and two delayed-release, each containing amoxicillin. The three components are combined in a specific ratio to prolong the release of amoxicillin from MOXATAG compared to immediate-release amoxicillin.
Each tablet contains amoxicillin, crospovidone, FD&C Blue #2 lake, hypromellose, hypromellose acetate succinate, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 400, polyoxyl 35 castor oil, shellac, colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, and triethyl citrate.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).