- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Micronized Colestipol Hydrochloride Tablets (Greenstone LLC): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1 Gram Tablets
- External Links Related to Micronized Colestipol Hydrochloride Tablets (Greenstone LLC)
The active ingredient in micronized colestipol hydrochloride tablets is micronized colestipol hydrochloride, which is a lipid lowering agent for oral use. Colestipol is an insoluble, high molecular weight basic anion-exchange copolymer of diethylenetriamine and 1-chloro-2, 3-epoxypropane, with approximately 1 out of 5 amine nitrogens protonated (chloride form). It is a light yellow water-insoluble resin which is hygroscopic and swells when suspended in water or aqueous fluids.
Each micronized colestipol hydrochloride tablet contains one gram of micronized colestipol hydrochloride. Micronized colestipol hydrochloride tablets are light yellow in color and are tasteless and odorless. Inactive ingredients: cellulose acetate phthalate, glyceryl triacetate, carnauba wax, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, povidone, silicon dioxide. Micronized colestipol hydrochloride tablets contain no calories.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).