- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE Tablets USPMEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE Oral Solution USP (Boehringer Ingelheim): SAFETY AND HANDLING
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- SAFETY AND HANDLING
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to MEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE Tablets USPMEPERIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE Oral Solution USP (Boehringer Ingelheim)
Meperidine Hydrochloride Tablets USP and Meperidine Hydrochloride Oral Solution USP are dosage forms that contain meperidine hydrochloride which is a controlled substance. Like morphine, meperidine is controlled under Schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act. Meperidine, like all opioids, is liable to diversion and misuse and should be handled accordingly. Patients and their families should be instructed to flush any that are no longer needed.
Meperidine has been targeted for theft and diversion by criminals. Healthcare professionals should contact their State Professional Licensing Board or State Controlled Substance Authority for information on how to prevent and detect abuse or diversion of this product.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).