- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for Loratadine Oral Solution (Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc): Patient Leaflet
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Patient Leaflet
- External Links Related to Loratadine Oral Solution (Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc)
Once Daily / Non-Drowsy*Loratadine Oral SolutionHives Relief5 mg per 5 mLAntihistamine
What you should know about:Non- Drowsy*Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives ReliefOriginal Prescription Strength – 24 Hour Product
Relief of Itching Due to Hives(Please read all of this information before taking Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief Product. Save this leaflet for future reference.)
What is Loratadine Oral Solution - Hives Relief product?
Loratadine Oral Solution - Hives Relief product contain loratadine, a non-drowsy *antihistamine.
What are hives and what do they look like? Hives are itchy raised red or pink bumps, blotches or streaky areas of various sizes on the surface of the skin. They can come and go.Do not use this product if your hives look bruised, have an unusual color, or look blistered. These may be signs of a more serious problem. If you have these signs, ask a Doctor before taking Loratadine Oral Solution -Hives Relief product.What can cause hives? Many things, including food, drugs (medicines), insect stings, stress, exercise or temperature can cause hives. A doctor may be able to help you find the cause of your hives. When you know the cause, avoid it.Do not use this product to prevent hives or allergic skin reactions known to be caused by food, insect stings, medicines, latex or rubber gloves, or any other causes. Many medicines can cause hives.How long do hives last? Hives can last from a few hours to a few weeks, and often come and go. See a doctor if your hives have lasted more than 6 weeks.Are hives very serious? Hives are very common and they are usually not serious. But in rare cases, they can be the first sign of a life threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. A sign that you have this serious reaction would be that you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief Original prescription strength medicine to relieve itching due to hives.
- Dizziness or feeling faint
- Trouble swallowing
- Wheezing or problems breathing
- Trouble speaking
- Hives or swelling in or around the mouth
- People who have ever had an allergic reaction to these products or any of their ingredients.
- People who are taking any other products containing loratadine
- People with liver or kidney disease unless directed by a doctor
- Children under the age of 6 years.
- Insect Stings
- Latex or rubber gloves.
- Hives that have an unusual color or that look bruised or blistered
- Hives that have lasted longer than 6 weeks
- A rash or itching that does not get better after taking Loratadine Oral Solution – Hives Relief product for 3 days
- Hives that keep coming back.
- Adults and children 6 years and older should take 2 teaspoonfuls of Loratadine Oral Solution (10 mg) daily.
- Do not take more than one dose in 24 hour period.
- If you have liver or kidney disease, ask a doctor.
- Allergy Alert: Do not use if you are allergic to loratadine, any of its ingredients, or other antihistamines.
- If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).