- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Lactulose Solution USP10 g/15 mLRx Only (Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLlED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to Lactulose Solution USP10 g/15 mLRx Only (Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.)
- External Links Related to Lactulose Solution USP10 g/15 mLRx Only (Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.)
Lactulose is a synthetic disaccharide in solution form for oral administration. Each 15 mL of Lactulose Solution contains: 10 g lactulose (and less than 1.6 g galactose, less than 1.2 g lactose, and 1.2 g or less of other sugars). Also contains FD&C Yellow No. 6, purified water, and flavoring. Sodium hydroxide used to adjust pH . The pH range is 2.5 to 6.5.
Lactulose is a colonic acidifier which promotes laxation.
The chemical name for lactulose is 4-O-β-D-galactopyranosyl-D-fructofuranose. It has the following structural formula:
The molecular weight is 342.30. It is freely soluble in water.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).