- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Junel ™ 21 Day (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP) Junel ™ Fe28 Day (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP and ferrous fumarate tablets*)*Ferrous fumarate tablets are not USP for dissolution and assay. (BARR LABORATORIES, INC.): NON-CONTRACEPTIVE HEALTH BENEFITS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- Information for the patient
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- NON-CONTRACEPTIVE HEALTH BENEFITS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- BRIEF SUMMARY PATIENT PACKAGE INSERT
- DETAILED PATIENT PACKAGE INSERT
- External Links Related to Junel ™ 21 Day (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP) Junel ™ Fe28 Day (norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol tablets, USP and ferrous fumarate tablets*)*Ferrous fumarate tablets are not USP for dissolution and assay. (BARR LABORATORIES, INC.)
The following non-contraceptive health benefits related to the use of oral contraceptives are supported by epidemiological studies which largely utilized oral contraceptive formulations containing estrogen doses exceeding 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol or 0.05 mg of mestranol (79-84).
Effects on menses:
- Increased menstrual cycle regularity
- Decreased blood loss and decreased incidence of iron deficiency anemia
- Decreased incidence of dysmenorrhea
Effects related to inhibition of ovulation:
- Decreased incidence of functional ovarian cysts
- Decreased incidence of ectopic pregnancies
Effects from long-term use:
- Decreased incidence of fibroadenomas and fibrocystic disease of the breast
- Decreased incidence of acute pelvic inflammatory disease
- Decreased incidence of endometrial cancer
- Decreased incidence of ovarian cancer
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).