- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Isolyte S pH 7.4 (Multi-Electrolyte Injection) (B. Braun Medical Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Isolyte S pH 7.4 (Multi-Electrolyte Injection) (B. Braun Medical Inc.)
Each 100 mL of Isolyte S pH 7.4 (Multi-Electrolyte Injection) contains: Sodium Chloride USP 0.53 g; Sodium Gluconate USP 0.5 gSodium Acetate Trihydrate USP 0.37 g; Potassium Chloride USP 0.037 gMagnesium Chloride Hexahydrate USP 0.03 g Dibasic Sodium Phosphate Heptahydrate USP 0.012 g Monobasic Potassium Phosphate NF 0.00082 g; Water for Injection USP qs pH may be adjusted with Glacial Acetic Acid USP or Sodium Hydroxide NF pH: 7.4 (7.0–7.8) Calculated Osmolarity: 295 mOsmol/liter Concentration of Electrolytes (mEq/liter): Sodium 141; Potassium 5Magnesium 3; Chloride 98; 0.5 mmole P/literPhosphate (HPO) 1; Acetate (CH3COO−) 27 Gluconate (HOCH2(CHOH)4COO−) 23
Isolyte S pH 7.4 is sterile, nonpyrogenic, and contains no bacteriostatic or antimicrobial agents. This product is intended for intravenous administration.
The formulas of the active ingredients are:
Ingredients MolecularFormula MolecularWeight Sodium Chloride USP NaCl 58.44 Sodium Acetate Trihydrate USP CH3COONa•3H2O 136.08 Potassium Chloride USP KCl 74.55 Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate USP MgCl2•6H2O 203.30 Dibasic Sodium Phosphate Heptahydrate USP Na2HPO4•7H2O 268.07 Monobasic Potassium Phosphate NF KH2PO4 136.09 Sodium Gluconate USP 218.14
The EXCEL Container is Latex-free, PVC-free, and DEHP-free.
The plastic container is made from a multilayered film specifically developed for parenteral drugs. It contains no plasticizers and exhibits virtually no leachables. The solution contact layer is a rubberized copolymer of ethylene and propylene. The container is nontoxic and biologically inert. The container-solution unit is a closed system and is not dependent upon entry of external air during administration. The container is overwrapped to provide protection from the physical environment and to provide an additional moisture barrier when necessary.
Addition of medication should be accomplished using complete aseptic technique.
The closure system has two ports; the one for the administration set has a tamper evident plastic protector and the other is a medication addition site. Refer to the Directions for Use of the container.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).