- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Intal Inhaler (cromolyn sodium inhalation aerosol) (King Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): Adverse Reactions
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Indications and Usage
- Adverse Reactions
- Dosage and Administration
- How Supplied
- Information for Patients
- Diseases/Conditions Related to Intal Inhaler (cromolyn sodium inhalation aerosol) (King Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- External Links Related to Intal Inhaler (cromolyn sodium inhalation aerosol) (King Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
In controlled clinical studies of Intal Inhaler, the most frequently reported adverse reactions attributed to cromolyn sodium treatment were:
Throat irritation or dryness Bad taste Cough Wheeze Nausea
The most frequently reported adverse reactions attributed to other forms of cromolyn sodium (on the basis of reoccurrence following readministration) involve the respiratory tract and are: bronchospasm [sometimes severe, associated with a precipitous fall in pulmonary function (FEV1)], cough, laryngeal edema (rare), nasal congestion (sometimes severe), pharyngeal irritation, and wheezing.
Adverse reactions which occur infrequently and are associated with administration of the drug are: anaphylaxis, angioedema, dizziness, dysuria and urinary frequency, joint swelling and pain, lacrimation, nausea and headache, rash, swollen parotid gland, urticaria, pulmonary infiltrates with eosinophilia, substernal burning, and myopathy.
The following adverse reactions have been reported as rare events and it is unclear whether they are attributable to the drug: anemia, exfoliative dermatitis, hemoptysis, hoarseness, myalgia, nephrosis, periarteritic vasculitis, pericarditis, peripheral neuritis, photodermatitis, sneezing, drowsiness, nasal itching, nasal bleeding, nasal burning, serum sickness, stomachache, polymyositis, vertigo, and liver disease.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).