- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for INCRELEX™ (mecasermin [rDNA origin] injection) (Tercica, Inc.): INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- STABILITY AND STORAGE
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to INCRELEX™ (mecasermin [rDNA origin] injection) (Tercica, Inc.)
INCRELEX™ (mecasermin [rDNA origin] injection) is indicated for the long-term treatment of growth failure in children with severe primary IGF-1 deficiency (Primary IGFD) or with growth hormone (GH) gene deletion who have developed neutralizing antibodies to GH. Severe Primary IGFD is defined by:
height standard deviation score ≤–3.0 and
basal IGF-1 standard deviation score ≤–3.0 and
normal or elevated growth hormone (GH).
Severe Primary IGFD includes patients with mutations in the GH receptor (GHR), post-GHR signaling pathway, and IGF-1 gene defects; they are not GH deficient, and therefore, they cannot be expected to respond adequately to exogenous GH treatment.
INCRELEX™ is not intended for use in subjects with secondary forms of IGF-1 deficiency, such as GH deficiency, malnutrition, hypothyroidism, or chronic treatment with pharmacologic doses of anti-inflammatory steroids. Thyroid and nutritional deficiencies should be corrected before initiating INCRELEX™ treatment.
INCRELEX™ is not a substitute for GH treatment.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).