- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for HYDROXYZINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL SOLUTION, USP (Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to HYDROXYZINE HYDROCHLORIDE ORAL SOLUTION, USP (Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.)
Hydroxyzine hydrochloride is designated chemically as 1-(p-chlorobenzhydryl) 4-[2-(2-hydroxyethoxy)-ethyl] piperazine dihydrochloride, with the following structure:
Each 5 mL (teaspoonful), for oral administration, contains 10 mg of hydroxyzine hydrochloride.
The inactive ingredients for the oral solution are alcohol 0.5% v/v, corn syrup, methylparaben, peppermint flavor, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, and sucrose. Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid may be used to adjust the pH when necessary.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).