- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for HydrOXYzine hydrochloride (Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.): DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- 10 mg 100 count
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- 25 mg 100 count
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- 50 mg 100 count
- External Links Related to HydrOXYzine hydrochloride (Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.)
For symptomatic relief of anxiety and tension associated with psychoneurosis and as an adjunct in organic disease states in which anxiety is manifested: Adults, 50 to 100 mg q.i.d.; children under 6 years, 50 mg daily in divided doses; children over 6 years, 50 to 100 mg daily in divided doses.
For use in the management of pruritus due to allergic conditions such as chronic urticaria and atopic and contact dermatoses and in histamine-mediated pruritus: adults, 25 mg t.i.d. or q.i.d.; children under 6 years, 50 mg daily in divided doses; children over 6 years, 50 to 100 mg daily in divided doses.
As a sedative when used as a premedication and following general anesthesia: 50 to 100 mg for adults and 0.6 mg/kg of body weight in children.
When treatment is initiated by the intramuscular route of administration, subsequent doses may be administered orally.
As with all potent medication, the dosage should be adjusted according to the patient's response to therapy.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).