- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for HydrOXYzine hydrochloride (Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.): CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- 10 mg 100 count
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- 25 mg 100 count
- PACKAGE LABEL.PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL- 50 mg 100 count
- External Links Related to HydrOXYzine hydrochloride (Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.)
HydrOXYzine hydrochloride is unrelated chemically to the phenothiazines, reserpine, meprobamate or the benzodiazepines. HydrOXYzine is not a cortical depressant, but its action may be due to a suppression of activity in certain key regions of the subcortical area of the central nervous system.
Primary skeletal muscle relaxation has been demonstrated experimentally. Bronchodilator activity, and antihistaminic and analgesic effects have been demonstrated experimentally and confirmed clinically. An antiemetic effect, both by the apomorphine test and the veriloid test, has been demonstrated.
Pharmacological and clinical studies indicate that hydrOXYzine in therapeutic dosage does not increase gastric secretion or acidity and in most cases has mild antisecretory activity.
HydrOXYzine is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and hydrOXYzine's clinical effects are usually noted within 15 to 30 minutes after oral administration.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).