- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Histamine Phosphate (ALK-Abello, Inc.): CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Histamine Phosphate (ALK-Abello, Inc.)
Histamine acts as a potent vasodilator when released from mast cells during an allergic reaction. It is largely responsible for the immediate skin test reaction of a sensitive patient when challenged with an offending allergen.
The effect of added Glycerin (50% v/v) to 1 mg/mL histamine base was studied by puncture testing using a bifurcated needle in twelve volunteer subjects. The mean sum of cross-diameters of the wheals was 13.25 mm (range 10-15 mm) for the non-glycerinated, and 12.54 mm (range 9-15 mm) for the glycerinated formulation. Sum of cross-diameters of erythema was 52.88 mm (range 23-92 mm) for the non-glycerinated, and 54.42 mm (range 19-87 mm) for the glycerinated formulation. These differences are not statistically significant.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).