- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for HALOBETASOL PROPIONATE CREAM, 0.05% (Perrigo Israel Pharmaceuticals Ltd.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to HALOBETASOL PROPIONATE CREAM, 0.05% (Perrigo Israel Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
Halobetasol propionate cream, 0.05% contains halobetasol propionate, a synthetic corticosteroid for topical dermatological use. The corticosteroids constitute a class of primarily synthetic steroids used topically as an anti-inflammatory and antipruritic agent.
Chemically halobetasol propionate is 21-chloro-6α, 9-difluoro=11β, 17-dihydroxy-16β-methylpregna-1, 4-diene-3-20-dione, 17-propionate, C25H31ClF2O5. It has the following structural formula:
Halobetasol propionate has the molecular weight of 485. It is a white crystalline powder insoluble in water.
Each gram of halobetasol propionate cream, 0.05% contains 0.5 mg of halobetasol propionate in a cream base of cetyl alcohol, diazolidinyl urea, glycerin, isopropyl isostearate, isopropyl palmitate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, (and) methylisothiazolinone, steareth-21 and water.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).