- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for GLIPIZIDE TABLETS USPFor Oral UseRx only (Ivax Pharmaceuticals, Inc.): DESCRIPTION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to GLIPIZIDE TABLETS USPFor Oral UseRx only (Ivax Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- External Links Related to GLIPIZIDE TABLETS USPFor Oral UseRx only (Ivax Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
Glipizide tablets USP are oral blood-glucose-lowering drugs of the sulfonylurea class.
The Chemical Abstracts name of glipizide is 1-cyclo-hexyl-3-[[p-[2-(5-methylpyrazine- carboxamido) ethyl]-phenyl]sulfonyl]urea. The molecular formula is C21H27N5O4S; the molecular weight is 445.55; the structural formula is shown below:
Glipizide is a whitish, odorless powder with a pKa of 5.9. It is insoluble in water and alcohols, but soluble in 0.1 N NaOH; it is freely soluble in dimethylformamide. Glipizide tablets for oral use are available in 5 and 10 mg strengths.
Each tablet contains the following inactive ingredients: silicon dioxide; lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; pregelatinized starch; stearic acid.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).