- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for Gabapentin Capsules (Amneal Pharmaceuticals of NY LLC): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS & USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
- DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- External Links Related to Gabapentin Capsules (Amneal Pharmaceuticals of NY LLC)
Gabapentin Capsules are supplied as imprinted hard shell capsules containing 100 mg, 300 mg, and 400 mg of gabapentin.
The inactive ingredients for the capsules are magnesium stearate, pregelatinized starch, starch and talc. The 100 mg capsule shell contains gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide. The 300 mg capsule shell contains gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, and iron oxide yellow. The 400 mg capsule shell contains gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, FD&C Yellow No.6 and FD&C Blue No.1.
Gabapentin is described as 1-(aminomethyl) cyclohexaneacetic acid with a molecular formula of C9H17NO2 and a molecular weight of 171.24. The structural formula of gabapentin is:
Gabapentin is a white to off-white crystalline solid with a pKa1 of 3.7 and a pKa2 of 10.7. It is freely soluble in water and both basic and acidic aqueous solutions. The log of the partition coefficient (n-octanol/0.05M phosphate buffer) at pH 7.4 is –1.25.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).