- Differential Diagnosis
Drug Information for FUROSEMIDEINJECTION, USP40 mg/mL (10 mg/mL) (McKesson Packaging Services Business unit of McKesson Corporation): ADVERSE REACTIONS
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- PACKAGE DISPLAY PANEL
- External Links Related to FUROSEMIDEINJECTION, USP40 mg/mL (10 mg/mL) (McKesson Packaging Services Business unit of McKesson Corporation)
Adverse reactions are categorized below by organ system and listed by decreasing severity.
Gastrointestinal System Reactions
- Jaundice (intrahepatic cholestatic jaundice)
- Oral and gastric irritation
Systemic Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Systemic vasculitis
- Interstitial nephritis
- Necrotizing angiitis
Central Nervous System Reactions
- Tinnitus and hearing loss
- Blurred vision
- Aplastic anemia (rare)
- Agranulocytosis (rare)
- Hemolytic anemia
- Exfoliative dermatitis
- Erythema multiforme
Orthostatic hypotension may occur and be aggravated by alcohol, barbiturates or narcotics.
- Muscle spasm
- Urinary bladder spasm
- Transient injection site pain following intramuscular injection
Whenever adverse reactions are moderate or severe, furosemide dosage should be reduced or therapy withdrawn.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).