- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for FLUOXETINE TABLETS USP, 10 mg7188Rx only (Teva Pharmaceuticals USA): DESCRIPTION
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- HOW SUPPLIED
- ANIMAL TOXICOLOGY
- MEDICATION GUIDE
- Diseases/Conditions Related to FLUOXETINE TABLETS USP, 10 mg7188Rx only (Teva Pharmaceuticals USA)
- External Links Related to FLUOXETINE TABLETS USP, 10 mg7188Rx only (Teva Pharmaceuticals USA)
Fluoxetine tablets are a psychotropic drug for oral administration. It is also marketed for the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (Sarafem®, fluoxetine hydrochloride). It is designated (±)-N-methyl-3-phenyl-3-[(α,α,α-trifluoro-p-tolyl) oxy]propylamine hydrochloride and has the following structural formula:
C17H18F3NO•HCl M.W. 345.79
Fluoxetine hydrochloride is a white to off-white crystalline solid with a solubility of 14 mg/mL in water.
Each tablet contains fluoxetine hydrochloride equivalent to 10 mg (32.3 μmol) of fluoxetine. In addition, each tablet also contains the following inactive ingredients: D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Blue #2, FD&C Yellow #6, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized corn starch, talc, and titanium dioxide.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).