- Differential Diagnosis
- Try building your search one term at a time, and be as specific as you can! Search term example: "chronic cough".
- Do not enter multiple findings such as "anemia, chronic cough, weight loss, vomiting" all at the same time.
- After selecting your term from the search results a list of possible diagnoses will be generated. If the list is too long, you will be able to narrow it down by entering additional terms.
- Do not enter values such as "heart rhythm 110" or "sodium 125", instead use "tachycardia" or "hyponatremia".
Drug Information for FLUOCINONIDE OINTMENT USP, 0.05% (E. FOUGERA and CO.): DESCRIPTION
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Diseases/Conditions Related to FLUOCINONIDE OINTMENT USP, 0.05% (E. FOUGERA and CO.)
- External Links Related to FLUOCINONIDE OINTMENT USP, 0.05% (E. FOUGERA and CO.)
Fluocinonide Ointment USP, 0.05% is intended for topical administration. The active component is the corticosteroid Fluocinonide, which is the 21-acetate ester of fluocinolone acetonide and has the chemical name pregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione, 21-(acetyloxy)-6,9-difluoro-11-hydroxy-16,17-[(1-methylethylidene) bis(oxy)]-, (6α,11β,16α)-. It has a molecular formula of C26H32F2O7 and a molecular weight of 494.53. It has the following structural formula:
Each gram of Fluocinonide Ointment USP, 0.05% contains fluocinonide 0.5 mg in a specially formulated ointment base consisting of glyceryl monostearate, white petrolatum, propylene carbonate, propylene glycol and white wax. It provides the occlusive and emollient effects desirable in an ointment.
In this formulation, the active ingredient is totally in solution.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).